Monday, January 9, 2012

Altering a wooden duck

There have been a few days that an interesting challenge came up from a friend, art blogger. It was about our creating a project that would have wood as the basic material. I like to take breaks from specific projects I'm being on, and play around freely with several materials and techniques. This always helps me, to be better in improvising when I return to the initial plan.

So, I've been given this wooden duck as a gift for some time now, and though it's beautiful by itself, a lot of wood is laid around my house anyway. The duck's wooden touch just wouldn't let her stand up for its beauty in the rest of her surroundings. For this reason I've decided to do some painting, and dress the item utterly with colour.

This is how it looked before.




I put some music on, as I always do when I'm creating things. Let's share a song from today's playlist!



Acrylic paints, a few brushes and a lot of funky mood were spread on my working table. And a colourful, cheerful duck was the result of a rainy afternoon. Looking to her, I could feel her saying, "spirit up girl! "


I'll be enjoying seeing the ducky around!
 Are you?

Love, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. αχ! τι γλυκουλι!!!! το λατρευω!!!! σε ευχαριστω πολυ! καλη επιτυχια!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Χαίρομαι που σου άρεσε!! Σ΄ ευχαριστώ κι εγώ πολύ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Είναι πραγματικά σκέτη γλύκα... Τί υπέροχο που είναι να δημιουργείς!!! Με μεγάλη μας χαρά γίναμε μέλη στον ιστότοπό σας… Θα ήταν τιμή μας, αν σας βλέπαμε και στο δικό μας blog… http://syros2js.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Syros2js Σας ευχαριστώ πολύ, μόλις επέστρεψα και είστε η πρώτη μου επίσκεψη! καλή συνέχεια!

    ReplyDelete